Removing a swimming pool cover does not require numbers of people to accomplish. In most cases, two people are enough, but to remove it by yourself is possible as well. Not unless your swimming pool size is as large as the dome or a swimming facility in town?
Here are tips to help you do the task more comfortable and to lessen the burden under your shoulders by doing the removal alone.
- Remove the dirt and debris on top of the pool cover. These include tree branches, leaves, and other natural elements surrounding the pool area. Please make use of a pool skimmer net for a more manageable collection of them.
- As you remove the dirt, proceed with pumping off any water collected on top of the cover. It needs to remove as well before removing the cover.
- On the part where the cover needs to remove on top of the swimming pool, it is quite impossible to do it alone. There is a requirement for the blanket to be handled with care. It should not be drag and needs actions that will not cause any damage to the pool cover– even single wear or tear. To prevent this, ask help even from a pair of hands. Remove the pool cover together. Hold the opposite ends. After this, the rest of the process can accomplish alone.
- Lay down and spread the entire pool cover in an open area. Clean it. Storing the pool cover without cleaning process can deteriorate the pool cover more than anything.
- Dry up the pool cover under sunlight. Make sure it dries. Before folding for storage, check and inspect the pool cover throughout for any damages, wear, or a little tear. You can put patches to fix them. Do it as soon as seen any. Please do not keep it for long. You might forget about it in time. Do the repairs as quickly as possible.
- Fan-fold the pool cover and store in a large container or clean bins. It should be as well safe from pests.
- Prepare the swimming pool for the swimming season. Fill the pool with the right pool water level.
- Gather the pool accessories. Some of which include the pool pump and the filter. Check if have any problems. Reconnect them in the swimming pool.
- Clean the swimming pool. Sweep the sides and brush the walls. For the floating debris on the pool water, please make use of a pool’s skimmer net and remove them.
- Balance the swimming pool chemicals. Allot 24-48 hrs to observe that the chemical components are safe and of the right value.
- Test the pool water. It is to assure the right level of chemicals. If you do not have the right kit, you may get information from sites like https://poolcovershq.com | blue wave winter pool covers or go to the nearest facility conducting such to know the result faster. If still fails, try another chemical level for each. Wait for another 24-48 hrs before testing the pool water again. Keep on repeating the process until you get the right levels.